Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Post #3

Okay...we lost the civil war. So I'm returning to Italy hopeless and penniless. My wonderful father has passed away. :( And my home has been confiscated for supporting Brutus. Can things get any worse? Well, its time to try to seek Augustus' favor...(which is NOT kissing up, by the way!)


SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO MY FATHER:
He was born a slave. Rather than sulking around, this courageous man later worked as a tax collecter. He earned enough money to buy a home and raise and teach his son (that would be me.) He was not only a father, he was an educator and moral advisor. I miss and love you dear father, and I hope to see somewhere good in the realm of Pluto.

2 comments:

  1. My dear friend, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your father. He was truely a great man. However, in your time of sorrow, I would encourage you to continue your writings even more than usual. Writing helps your feelings come out onto paper to share with the world. I would also enjoy reading some of the things you write and, with your permission of course, possibly edit them with you. Farewell for the time being, and again, I am sorry for your lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you my wonderful friend for the excellent advice. I have been moving on well, it was unlike me to complain. I shall move on and 'seize the day.' Thank you, let us meet...say, tomorrow?
    Thanks again!

    Ibid (same source as the post)

    ReplyDelete